Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Gotta love EMO kids at Canadian Tire...

:

Gear Discussion

Old May 27th, 2006, 00:17   #1
JacoNB

Gotta love EMO kids at Canadian Tire...

The other day, I went in to Canadian Tire because they were having a sale on their Motorola FRS/GMRS radios - $59.99 down from $89.99

Anyway, the emo kid that wrote down the SKU number of the radio I wanted, must've written it down wrong, because when I came back to get my radios, I ended up getting the $119.99 motorolas (the next step up from the ones I expected) for $59.99.

Whee! Got myself some nice little radios for half price.

The Motorola Talkabout SX700R (x2) with a 19KM range, 22 channels and 121 privacy codes. Only trouble is, there's this little red light that blinks every second or so, and glows constantly when you hold the talk button. (Which itself is neon yellow/green.) lol.

I plan on getting a headset anyway, (so the radio will be hidden away in my vest) or I'll probably just end up taping or painting over the blinking light.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that little story. Thought you guys would appreciate it.

Stupid Emo kids.
JacoNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 00:27   #2
Mr Jon
Trailer Park Supervisor

Dude, serioulsy enough with making fun of the whole emo 'culture' its just a dead farking unfunny topic. ...But a good find at CT, I like accidental deals heh heh heh
Old May 27th, 2006, 00:29   #3
ToRN

Send a message via AIM to ToRN Send a message via MSN to ToRN Send a message via Skype™ to ToRN
I have some of the same radios, don't let the 'manufacturer's specs' fool you, you won't get that kind of a range.

nice radios tho.

PS mine have a blue led on the volume knob, not red, it doesn't matter, just thought I'd point that out.
Give your head a shake, man. You don't jump out of a shaky car so you can ride in one that's on fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff_Man_in_CADPATs
I also noticed for the first time that Bod sounds a lot like Jango Fett.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
I like the part where he got banned.
ToRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 00:38   #4
JacoNB

Oh, the Emo kid was just an amusing part of the story... the real story was the radios. I'm just happy I got 'em at such a great price. I'd have been happy with the radios I was supposed to get; I just got a better deal because this kid was too lazy to write down the right number.
Old May 27th, 2006, 12:49   #5
Grim Fandango

Send a message via ICQ to Grim Fandango Send a message via MSN to Grim Fandango
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jon
Dude, serioulsy enough with making fun of the whole emo 'culture' its just a dead farking unfunny topic.
If we didn't make fun of the emo kids then they wouldn't have anything to be so sad and emotional about.
Grim Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 12:57   #6
gandar

Send a message via MSN to gandar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Fandango
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jon
Dude, serioulsy enough with making fun of the whole emo 'culture' its just a dead farking unfunny topic.
If we didn't make fun of the emo kids then they wouldn't have anything to be so sad and emotional about.

He's right you know Mr Jon.... They really wouldn't.

Alternatively, I could just light you on fire. - Me
gandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 13:26   #7
Droc
Im happy with my 5watt radio. When I transmit, it flickers my monitor, my TV, the neighbors TV, the Tv 2 doors down
Old May 27th, 2006, 16:11   #8
Whozat

So, what your realy saying is that no one should trust you. You willingly took part in defrauding a company and then you have the nerve to make fun of the person who made the error. In a community where honor ranks above all, you thought it wise to tell us all how dishonest you are. Bravo!
Old May 27th, 2006, 16:23   #9
Mysteryfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whozat
So, what your realy saying is that no one should trust you. You willingly took part in defrauding a company and then you have the nerve to make fun of the person who made the error. In a community where honor ranks above all, you thought it wise to tell us all how dishonest you are. Bravo!
You weren't always this bitter, man. What's up?
Mysteryfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 19:42   #10
JacoNB

Quote:
How exactly am I defrauding anyone? I went to the customer service desk, told them I had a raincheck for a set of radios, they checked the numbers that were written down and HANDED me these radios. I even told them at the time that I thought they were the $89 ones, and they said that the SKU numbers matched the ones they gave me, so I'm entitled to that price. The guy at the counter who got the radios for me even joked "if you want to give me the other $60, I could live with that". So I paid $59.99 plus tax like it said on the slip of paper THEY gave me, and left. No alarm bells rang, no security guards chased me out of the building.

Besides, I'm pretty sure that if they put the wrong price tag on something in ANY store, in most cases, they have to give it to you for the price on the tag.

You don't know me, you don't know how honest or dishonest I am, so get a grip before you start preaching to people you don't know.
Old May 27th, 2006, 19:51   #11
the end

word up,

and sweet snag on those radios, i need some myself, and i like those, but now im more interested in the 5watt radio Droc has
the end is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 20:17   #12
Whozat

The fact that you are here saying that you got the wrong radios for that price speaks volumes. If you were honest you would have gotten a pair of the correct radios and purchaced those. Instead you took advantage of the situation. Read your own post, you're clearly proud of what you did. Don't try sidestepping that by commenting about me. Your just pissed that some one sees it the way it is.
Old May 27th, 2006, 20:28   #13
JacoNB

Dude, I'm not commenting about you... I said you don't know me, and not to call me out when you don't know the facts... You made me out to be a puppy kicker when I was simply happy to tell people I got a good deal. Plus, I got to make fun of an emo kid, so... win-win.

And I'm not pissed about anything. You're the one getting bent out of shape here, not me. Now... let's all relax, have a frappucino and enjoy the rest of our day. Cool?

Old May 27th, 2006, 20:36   #14
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
Quote:
The fact that you are here saying that you got the wrong radios for that price speaks volumes. If you were honest you would have gotten a pair of the correct radios and purchaced those. Instead you took advantage of the situation. Read your own post, you're clearly proud of what you did. Don't try sidestepping that by commenting about me. Your just pissed that some one sees it the way it is.
Well he made no attempt to defraud them, and the price thingy does happen a lot in retail, especially with SKU numbers. I remember trying to change all the prices at 10 AM when I was at Future Shop when the price went back up, I couldn't do all the DVDs at once, so yes at least 10-12 copies were sold at a lower price because we didn't correct the prices back to $25.99. Some customers offered to pay full price but I told them to just take the discounted ones since it was the Night Crew's fault for not changing them. Basically businesses pay for their errors and mistakes. I see no fault in the customer unless they went out of their way to "switch price stickers" which I have seen and caught people doing, which isn't the case.

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 20:37   #15
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacoNB
Dude, I'm not commenting about you... I said you don't know me, and not to call me out when you don't know the facts... You made me out to be a puppy kicker when I was simply happy to tell people I got a good deal. Plus, I got to make fun of an emo kid, so... win-win.

And I'm not pissed about anything. You're the one getting bent out of shape here, not me. Now... let's all relax, have a frappucino and enjoy the rest of our day. Cool?

LOL NO HOT LINKING GOLD HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion