Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

MP5A5/SD6 (folding stocks)

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 6th, 2006, 14:22   #1
joker, the frickin ninja

MP5A5/SD6 (folding stocks)

What would bee the biggest battery I would be able to fit into an MP5A5 or SD6 foregrip without modifications?
joker, the frickin ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 15:08   #2
Gryphon

Generally a 9.6V 2/3A 1400mAh made out of Intellect cells. The SD handguard is tight and I have no experience with it, though I know a CA MP5 wide forearm will accept a 9.6V no problem. Unless you have the tactical flashlight built in, in which case you're stuck with 8.4V.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 15:25   #3
joker, the frickin ninja

What would be the biggest 8.4 volt battery? I am still a bit of a newb, so i dont know everything, but generally 8.4 volts are smaller than 9.6ers. I dont care about ROF just whatever lasts the longest. If I can get some around or greater than 1100 or 1200 mah, I'll stick with a folding stock for compactness. I'd rather have an SD because of looks, but I could easily go with the A series as well (especially with the ICS laser that fits into ICS A-series front nozzle, which is a huge plus for me).
joker, the frickin ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 10:13   #4
Gryphon

Yes, that's a very nice feature that I wish some other manufacturers had followed up with.

Like I said above, currently the highest capacity 2/3A cell is the Intellect 1400 mAh NiMH. http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com builds good packs for very reasonable prices but last time I looked they were out of stock on the 1400s.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 10:49   #5
BC_K
Banned

I've fit a 9.6v 1700mah Butterfly battery into the grip on my friends MP5SD2. Yes I'm aware its a full stock gun, but its great for carrying two batteries.
BC_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 10:51   #6
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
My MP5 started life as an A5, fitting an 8.4V 600mAh was tricky because you had to latch the rear of the handguard, then raise it up and pin it at the front. Then I installed an SD front end, found there was quite a bit (within reason) more room in there than the A5, and was much easier to install/remove the battery (especially with stashing wire, connectors and fuseholder). So, prefering the SD front end, you open up the size of batteries more (still going to be less than 2000mAh though.)

FYI, when my MP5 was stock, I'd get 1000-1100 rounds off on one 600mAh battery. When I upgraded with a 150% spring, the rate of fire and enduance went down a lot, would get about 400rds out before having to swap batteries. So a higher mAh battery will net you a higher rate of fire (motor isn't as limited to the amount of current it can draw), and will last longer.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2006, 19:51   #7
Prowler

Send a message via ICQ to Prowler Send a message via AIM to Prowler
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC_K
...a 9.6v 1700mah Butterfly battery into the grip on my friends MP5SD2. Yes I'm aware its a full stock gun, but its great for carrying two batteries.
My hand cover required modification to fully fit the 1700mah. It would push it out about 1/4 of an inch from the side. Not tested for non CA guns. There would be no way to wire two batteries from within the body. Also note I had to dremel holes in the outer body to fit the thicker wiring to the front.

Also, CA guns don't seem to be wired for 9.6v batteries and show signs of overheating. Stick to what works unless your brave enough to fry your gun. Mine was already broken to begin with. I highly recomend sticking to what works...

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion