Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Jing Gong W16-2 (M16A2)

:

Reviews

Old August 11th, 2007, 01:27   #1
Sentinel

Jing Gong W16-2 (M16A2)

Ok, well before throwing me tomatoes about the topic of my review, I must say that I was very sceptism about Chinese ''Marui clones''. I have owned many AEGs before from different companies (mostly Marui, G&P).My new team has an Armalite basis for weapons and since was owning 2 Augs, it was impossible to share mags with my buddies. So i've sold my Augs and I was hesitating of buying a heavily priced weapon now since i'm going for my CF boot camp in september.

I started to read the AEG selling thread when this thing appears to me. Well, I was in fact curious to see what this Jing Gong have to give at a 300$ price shipped (!!!) sold to me by Karnage. So I've read the different reviews before buying it and here it's my experience with this AEG. I will develop has time goes by maybe until next year or more (if it last). It will probably be my backup for next year as I want a PTW ( like almost everybody! lol) or an ICS I do not have piled cash enough.

Ok the package arrived to me yesterday.

First Look:

Well, the packaging is really minimalist, no colors on the box. The presentation is well made, all is there and can be viewed at first sight. The molded foams are only at the ends of the gun instead of being a full molded foam all along the box like other replicas packaging. It must be an U.S. model because of the orange painted flash hider and the 120V battery charger. No manuals come with this AEG.

[IMG][/IMG]
Karnage's pic
The package includes:
- The M16
- 300 bb metal hi-cap
- A 8.4V 1500 mah Nimh battery
- Battery Charger
- A plastic barrel condom
- 200 bbs .20g

Closer look:

Well taking this M16 in my hands and it's feeling very solid and sturdy. The plastic parts seems equal quality and solid as the Marui one that was on my previously owned MArui M4 RIS. The hi-cap went in flawlessly. I've remarqued some little finishing imperfections. First, there was some light marks in the paintson the metal outer barrel. Second, 2 drops of glue on the upper receiver just behind the carry handle and third, a very tiny wobble in the front end (As my M4 also) but not very noticeable.

First shots:

Well I've spend out these 200 rounds and I must say that the grouping is not so good at all. The hop up seem to be ok but it seems that a lot of grease came out of the nozzle, ruining the grouping for now. The distance that bbs travels is very fair, more than I expected. I've do not have chronied yet but it says that it shots 330 fps with .20g bbs. Maybe some more bbs shot and .25g bbs will reduce the grouping. Will see in action and I will chrony it... Exept that, the gun is comporting very vell. The switch semi to auto makes a nice little click and do it's job as it should. The mag was feeding very well. Don't be surprised by the sound of the gun, it's loud compares to my AUGs but I like it! TATATATATATA ! lol!

First game

Chrono: 340 to 350fps w/.020g
In general the gun has been comporting well except the bb dispersion. From close range, no problems but longer range makes shots difficult. A change is needed

First Upgrade:

I replaced the hop-up bucking to a brand new guarder one. I replaced the inner barrel for a CA m16 stock one that was lying around. I've retighten the outer-barrel that was wobbling a bit and was surprised to see that it was not like a TM in the construction. Forget about the 3 pieces barrel that loosen quite too much with TM ones. It's a 2 pieces barrel (or one piece,call it like you want) only a ring needs to be tighten and now it's rock solid.

I've ordered some King Arms OD mids-caps that fits perfectly. I've also added a Guarder front grip and rail. A TM Rail to go at the end of the outer barrel. Painted the stock and the handguard OD and changed that orange tip for a used from one of my team buddies.

Results: Much better accuracy and a lot of kills in my last game!!! The gun is perfect the way it is now and have a very good range and accuracy. Don't think I will change anything more from now.

Final results

16/07/09 Two years almost have gone now since this review has started. I still have it as a primary weapon but there's not many JG left on this gun now so I will end the review. I've changed many parts not because it was broken but I just wan't to have a little extra edge on this gun. Please note that the King arms Mid caps do not fit well with the D-boys metal body and may require some mods to feed well.

What I can say is that JG M16 are true out of the box value and are a great base for any upgrades. I will recommend these M16 as a main weapon and as a reliable backup as well.

Now the gun is almost like a real C7A2

I even fit real steel parts on it without much modifications. Pics and description to come

Last edited by Sentinel; July 16th, 2009 at 11:38..
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 12:15   #2
Skladfin

omfg orange tip =(

You need a new muzzle =)

Anyways, I've heard alot of stuf about Jing Gong nowadays that I'm pretty sure they are really good. If I do get one though, I'd probably replace the whole barrel + rubber + bucking the second I get it.
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 17:28   #3
medhatboy
formerly Swatt Five-Six

All I did with the JG M4 I got the wife was put a madbull tight bore in it, now it shoots at 375fps with .20's. Next up for it will be a S.I.R. front grip.
medhatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 19:02   #4
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Nice review.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 22:10   #5
arman

good review man maby post again after a game?? louder than a AUG really i have a aug and its fkin LOUD

playing with my kid!
arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 22:12   #6
ancorp
AK Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by arman View Post
good review man maby post again after a game?? louder than a AUG really i have a aug and its fkin LOUD
He probably had a TM AUG though.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 19:38   #7
Sentinel

Updated
Old August 23rd, 2007, 19:39   #8
Skladfin

Cool, now I want one :P
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2008, 14:18   #9
Sentinel

Still running very fine!

2nd upgrade soon!

-Dboys metal body
-Elcan Scope
Old June 27th, 2008, 17:02   #10
Splashx

I'm getting a M16 because of you... :P
Splashx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 08:35   #11
Brit ter

I have owned one for a year now and have had no probs and its running stock!
Old June 28th, 2008, 09:23   #12
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
did your gun come with a hup-up bucking... My 416 didn't for some reason and I just thought the hop-up was crap till I replaced it and realized "WAIT there's no bucking here!!" luckily the rubber I bought came with one.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2008, 22:58   #13
Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulcrum View Post
did your gun come with a hup-up bucking... My 416 didn't for some reason and I just thought the hop-up was crap till I replaced it and realized "WAIT there's no bucking here!!" luckily the rubber I bought came with one.
Maybe just an error in the assemblage thing. Just unlucky on this one I suppose.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 11:09   #14
Sentinel

pics updates with D-boys metal body and Elcan

Still working fine, but please avoid King Arms mid-cap with Dboys body, they are crap and the gun is misfeeding a lot with them. The original hi-cap work just fine but i'll try some lows of better quality!

Last edited by Sentinel; July 16th, 2009 at 11:35..
Old July 16th, 2009, 11:35   #15
Sentinel

Update
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews