Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TSD Type 96 and BuyAirsoft.ca review

:

Reviews

Old November 12th, 2008, 09:47   #1
Sim123456

Thumbs up TSD Type 96 and BuyAirsoft.ca review

Hi dear ASC members, I just passed through an order of the TeamSD Type 96. Let me start with BuyAirsoft.ca: I read many bads comment here on ASC for this canadian retailer, but I wanted to be my own judge, so I tried. From the online order to the airsoft, everythings went flawlessly. The guys at BuyAirsoft are professionnals and respectfuls. I received my order in less than 2 weeks, and everythings in it is top notch. At first I ordered the SD96B from Shootsoft, and if it wasn't for the month of waiting (20 workings days), I would have stay there but since BuyAirsoft could ship it withouth delay, I switched.

The only thing that I don't love about Shootsoft website is that prices are list in US currencies, wich is weird for a canadian retailer. So, for a 320$ rifle on shootsoft, you end up 360$+. For the same 320$ rifle on BuyAirsoft, you still end up with a 320$ canadian bucks.

The package is solid and discret (brown big box). The package is very heavy. Everything is as it say: aluminium bi-pod, scope, speed loader, sling etc. Mounting the gun is easy and the first thing you notice is how heavy it is :| And I like it, since I think that low weight airsofts feel like kid toys (disregard the fps they shoot).

The plastic quality of the ABS stock is medium/poor. It feel rough to the touch and the color is uneven. There are littles scratchs here and there, but nothing that a good paint can't cover up. As for a "low price" clone, I was still satisfy. All moving parts are lubed, wich is what I would have done myself. The aluminium barrel is good, but rough to the touch. The only ratel come from the front sling attaches.

The internal is mad mostly of plastic except for the steel cylinder and tapper head.

The bi-pod is cheap, but fit right on. The scope is good, since it comes with the gun, but I can't seem to be able to focus but since airsoft guns don't shoot for, it doesn't mind. The magazine fill very easily, clip easily. No problem with that.

For the performance test, I can tell that it is the strongest airsoft I have. It is said to be 465 fps with .20g bbs and most sellers claim it around 450-480fps. I did the "can test" bottom and top with no problem. And from a 10 meters distance, bbs goes through 1 can and hald an other. Power is not consitant.

This is a quick review so I didn't test the accuracy and reliability yet.

Last edited by Sim123456; November 27th, 2008 at 10:12..
Sim123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:06   #2
szetor

thanks for the pics, looks like a nice rifle!
szetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 07:43   #3
Sim123456

Thank you, the pictures could be betters in term of quality since all I have is an old almost unfunctionnal 3.2 megapixels cam ^^
Old November 13th, 2008, 09:14   #4
StefanI.

Location: Southern Onatrio, though Im in College at the moment
I may be a noob but I love it
StefanI. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 10:33   #5
kalnaren

You actually gamed it yet?

I had the WELL version. Stock it wasn't bad -accuracy shooting .28's was roughly equivalent to a stock long-gun AEG shooting 350-400-ish. It takes about $200 of parts to really turn it into a decent, and more importantly, consistent platform.

On the other hand, the BAR was fun, pure and simple. Even if it wasn't greatly accurate or anything, it was fun to play with.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 10:49   #6
Sim123456

I'm not an airsoft player but only a target player and collector, si this is why I can't tell about reliability/accuracy/field test.

Could you tell me what are the name of the upgrades you put on it since I'm searching for them actualy. Thank you
Old November 13th, 2008, 11:14   #7
L473ncy

I haven't upgraded my gun either but most people go with:

- Longer Tightbore barrel (6.03 I believe hidden by a suppressor)
- Upgraded Springs

After those you're well on your way. There are other upgrades for AEG's but since you have a spring (or it appears to be a spring) then I'm not sure how to proceed after that.
Old November 13th, 2008, 11:16   #8
Skladfin

PDI hop up
Some better inner barrel, laylax or PDI does awesome
and

CLEAN IT
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 20:46   #9
Sim123456

You would not believe how much I clean it before the picture. As said in the review, the quality of the paint on the stock is pretty poor.

Thx for the info
Old November 13th, 2008, 21:41   #10
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim123456 View Post
You would not believe how much I clean it before the picture. As said in the review, the quality of the paint on the stock is pretty poor.

Thx for the info
He meant clean the inner barrel.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 21:46   #11
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
And it would also probably be a good idea to take it apart and clean the piston and cylinder assembly. I took a chinese L96 apart and it was FULL of grease and shit. And all that crap gets blown down the barrel.

If you only clean the barrel you're going to have to keep doing it.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2008, 07:12   #12
Sim123456

Sorry for the mistake, thx for the info
Old November 15th, 2008, 16:02   #13
Sim123456

This is after painting with Krylon Camo matte black (well almost grey). Very nicer.

[IMG]/img522/153/krylon6uh1.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by Sim123456; November 27th, 2008 at 10:12..
Old January 1st, 2009, 20:16   #14
johjoh

Send a message via MSN to johjoh
pretty nice ive always liked snipers yet there costly to be effective at long range (i mean consistency)

and the pros always told me when i get 18 not to get snipers aegs way to go (i understand a good aeg can go same distence as a stock sniper)

EDIT: nice matte finish on the body tough woodland cam would be better)

happy new years!

Bonne nouvelle année!
johjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2009, 20:20   #15
Sim123456

Thank you ^^
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews