Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Looking for an inexpensive M14

:

Newbie Tank

Closed Thread

Old September 15th, 2009, 10:33   #1
Locke

Looking for an inexpensive M14

Hey folks, I've been having a hell of a lot of trouble trying to find a way to buy an M14.

I've had my eye on this model here:
http://buyairsoft.ca/catalog/product...roducts_id=398

However I just found out that despite the label "temporarily out of stock", they have in fact decided to stop carrying it.

Now, I've looked high and low to find another spring M14 airsoft rifle from another site that ships to Canada, but to no avail. Any tips or hints would be very appreciated.

Also, I am a beginner, and am NOT looking to spend over ~$120

Alright, so my real question is, does anyone know where I can find a cool looking spring rifle for not too much cash? Maybe a site like buyairsoft.ca?

Thanks for your time

Last edited by Locke; September 15th, 2009 at 13:53.. Reason: More details
Old September 15th, 2009, 10:36   #2
Able1
Joeyaglr444

120$? Bro Keep saving man, From a newbies perspective your going to need something better, get age verified and save up and when you have cash than talk to me because I have a friend who has an m14 that needs fixing, but its TM.

Save That Paper Brother 120 wont get you Crap, itll get you a really bad Clear soft gun.
It's not about the guy who doesn't call his hit. It's about the pants you're wearing and the pants you're team mate is wearing, Is it real multi cam or is it Chinese repro multi cam? I don't know but in the end it's still multicam.
Old September 15th, 2009, 10:40   #3
Crunchmeister

There's no such thing as an inexpensive M14. You have 2 options:

1. Buy a quality one such as TM (preferably) or CA and have a completely working package out of the box with no foolery required.

2. Buy a "cheap" one, then spend the next 6 months replacing parts as they break. Once you've got completely new internals and externals, you'll have nothing left of the original gun left but the stock and receiver and will have paid more for it than for a TM.

I've become a big fan of the Chinese clones such as A&K and JG for many of their guns such as ARs, AKs, MP5s, etc. They've made huge strides in quality and durability in the last years. I've wholeheartedly recommended them to many people. But honestly, every clone M14 I've had contact with sucks ass to the highest dregree. They're unreliable, break easily, and in the end, cost far more than a quality gun would in the first place.

And even the CA (and I'm a HUGE fan of CA guns) doesn't hold a candle to the TM (and I don't usually care for TM guns). Don't waste your money.
Old September 15th, 2009, 10:42   #4
ratnest

120 won't even get you a can soft pistol, which is the minimum you could use at a game and that would still be reliable.

avoid clear springers. they are horrible.
Old September 15th, 2009, 10:42   #5
Crunchmeister

Oh yeah, an you can't get something shipped to Canada. Period. Don't even try. You either buy it in country or you don't buy it at all.
Old September 15th, 2009, 11:09   #6
L473ncy

Sorry to say this but you're going to have to spend at least $600 for a NIB stock M14, and probably around $800 for one that's been upgraded.

Also it has a V7 mechbox, which IIRC is really hard to work on unless you have 4 hands (or lots of manual dexterity). This is just what I've heard though.

Any other gun it's possible to get a decent clone but with the M14 it's probably better to get the TM M14.

If you're on that much of a budget either save up, or buy a pistol and game that at a CQB field. Otherwise sorry but this sport isn't for you. I've personally spent ~$1100 on stuff already (and I'm a student who needs to pay for tuition, books, food, and stuff). I'm not trying to be elitist but that's just the consequences of being in Canada and wanting to play airsoft. You're either going to have to move to the US, Asia, or Europe if you want to play for cheaper.
Old September 15th, 2009, 11:27   #7
Locke

While I appreciate all of your efforts . . . I'm really just looking for something to have a little fun with.

I mean, I picked up a $20 spring pistol at a Canadian tire a year or two back, and have had a lot of fun doing a little target practice with it, and it's still working (somehow), and really I'm just looking for something a little more badass than that.

I stress, I'm not planning on doing any battles anytime soon, and if I did, it would be with some friends of similar skill and price range.

Basically what I'm asking is if there is any other site like buyairsoft.ca that I could order a cool loking clear plastic spring rifle, without spending tons of money, because this is really just for recreational purposes.
Old September 15th, 2009, 21:37   #8
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
If all you want to do is plink with, then look into getting a pellet gun. Airsoft is not really for target practice as their not as precise as pellet guns (.177 cal stuff from Crappy Tire). We generally use airsoft for sporting and milsim, so we don't really use shitty lowest of the low tier springers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Old September 15th, 2009, 21:47   #9
lemegacool

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Sorry to say this but you're going to have to spend at least $600 for a NIB stock M14, and probably around $800 for one that's been upgraded.

Also it has a V7 mechbox, which IIRC is really hard to work on unless you have 4 hands (or lots of manual dexterity). This is just what I've heard though.

Any other gun it's possible to get a decent clone but with the M14 it's probably better to get the TM M14.

If you're on that much of a budget either save up, or buy a pistol and game that at a CQB field. Otherwise sorry but this sport isn't for you. I've personally spent ~$1100 on stuff already (and I'm a student who needs to pay for tuition, books, food, and stuff). I'm not trying to be elitist but that's just the consequences of being in Canada and wanting to play airsoft. You're either going to have to move to the US, Asia, or Europe if you want to play for cheaper.
yeah m14 mechboxes are quite a pain to work on... many little parts, but if you got good logic thinking its not that hard...

member of fire team NOM. my other regular forum: www.toyotanation.com / gen3,gen4 camry
Old September 15th, 2009, 21:56   #10
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
While I appreciate all of your efforts . . . I'm really just looking for something to have a little fun with.

I mean, I picked up a $20 spring pistol at a Canadian tire a year or two back, and have had a lot of fun doing a little target practice with it, and it's still working (somehow), and really I'm just looking for something a little more badass than that.

I stress, I'm not planning on doing any battles anytime soon, and if I did, it would be with some friends of similar skill and price range.

Basically what I'm asking is if there is any other site like buyairsoft.ca that I could order a cool loking clear plastic spring rifle, without spending tons of money, because this is really just for recreational purposes.
No.

This is Airsoft Canada, not Clearsoft Canada. People on this forum collect and play with airsoft guns because of the realism factor, either because they're cool, for military simulation, or more 'realistic' skirmishing.

Bravo summed it up the best with regards to clear guns: If you want an airsoft gun for the realism, you don't want a clear one. If you want an airsoft gun because they look cool, you don't want a clear one.

The mass majority of players and collectors on this forum fall into that catagory. We don't have any interest in -nor any care for- cheap and clear airsoft guns.

If you want an airsoft gun in Canada that isn't a shitty Aftermath gun, it's going to cost you a minimum of $350. If you want an M14 that isn't a piece of shit, it's going to cost you a minimum of $600.

I'm not saying this to be a douchebag. Those are the facts. Airsoft is an expensive hobby. With VERY few exceptions (those being the one or two shotguns that aren't spawns from the depth of hell), the stuff sold by Wal-Mart and Canadian Tire isn't airsoft. Not even close. There's a reason it's called "soft air" and not airsoft.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."

Last edited by kalnaren; September 15th, 2009 at 21:58..
Old September 15th, 2009, 23:04   #11
Locke

Dude, Kalnaren, I'm just a newbie who thought that airsoft guns were pretty badass, and is trying to get his hands on one. You may say you're not being a douchebag, but honestly, you're coming off as very elitist.

I thank the other members who offered constructive suggestions.
Old September 15th, 2009, 23:10   #12
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Well when we make an effort to attain a level of realism (which is the main reason airsoft exists) and spend thousands of dollars, you say were elitists, I say so what? We dont spend our time here dealing with shit thats not even airsoft, just like how a food connoisseur doesn't spend his time talking about Big Macs and Pogos.

We do tend to get a little pissy when we get people asking about wal-mart grade "soft air" hunks of crap because we are trying to keep a level of standards for the airsoft we deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Old September 15th, 2009, 23:12   #13
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Dude, Kalnaren, I'm just a newbie who thought that airsoft guns were pretty badass, and is trying to get his hands on one. You may say you're not being a douchebag, but honestly, you're coming off as very elitist.

I thank the other members who offered constructive suggestions.
The sad part is that he's 100% correct.

You CAN NOT get even a BROKEN M14 for your budget. Sorry.
G3SD6
Old September 15th, 2009, 23:20   #14
Doombringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw View Post
Just like how a food connoisseur doesn't spend his time talking about Big Macs and Pogos.
That made me laugh.
Old September 15th, 2009, 23:38   #15
monkeyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
That made me laugh.
But it is 100% true.

An M14 is an investment, more so than other guns I find but I am satisfied with what I built at the end of the day.

If you are in the market for an M14, I would suggest looking at the various models available and saving some cash for a good one. The good ones run a premium but they are absolutely worth it!

A lot of these guys come off as elitists (sometimes even myself) but have you ever gone into a hobby and half assed it? Or would you commit 100% to it?

Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank