G&G M84 Flash Bang/Stun Grenade Review

:

Reviews

Old October 17th, 2010, 20:51   #1
burningashes
cumpulsive masturbator

G&G M84 Flash Bang/Stun Grenade Review

Hey guys,
Since the M84 is pretty rare in these parts, i thought i should give an overview of this awesome product since alot of people want this product but dont have it yet.

History:
The M84 is the currently issued stun grenade of the US Army. Upon detonation, it emits an intensely loud "bang" and blinding flash of more than one million candela and 170–180 dB within five feet of initiation, sufficient to cause immediate (but temporary) flash blindness, deafness, tinnitus, and inner ear disturbance. Exposed personnel experience disorientation, confusion and loss of coordination and balance.

Product:
The G&G M84 comes as a kit that has to be assembled. It has a functioning spring kit which means that if you pull the pins and let go of the safety lever, the lever actually flies off. It also comes with an assembly manual. Below, we will see how its assembled in 10 easy steps.

1. Read the manual.

2. Arrange the parts neatly infront of you so you dont lose anything.

3. Attach the plastic bottom cap to the inner tube.

4. Insert the inner tube assembly into the outer shell.

5. Attach the plastic top cap onto the top of the outer shell assembly and press down firmly.

6. Screw on the dummy fuze onto the plastic top cap.

7. Install the spring kit ( The spring and the spring pin) on the dummy fuze.

8. Put the safety lever onto the dummy fuze assembly.

9. Assemble the pins with their respective pull rings.

10. Put the pull pins/rings into the fuze assembly by pressing the lever down first.

Rating:
I will give it 8/10 stars. 2 points being docked for G&G putting their trademarks on the side, the lever having an orange coating and the lever having the fuze name printed on, rather than engraved on like the M18 Smoke grenades by G&G. The rest of the grenade is perfect in every respect and the spring kit makes this grenade even more fun. Word of advice for people who own this: The spring kit pin is very easy to lose. So when you do play with the grenade's spring kit, make sure that youre in an area where you can find the little pin because it is tiny. Also, dont make the mistake (like i did) of forgetting the pin inside the inner tube of the grenade while assembling.

Bonus:
Heres a bonus picture for all you grenade lovers out there:

Enjoy!!

Last edited by burningashes; October 17th, 2010 at 22:06..
burningashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2010, 18:52   #2
andrew5826

this is just a replica and it doesnt do anything right? also how much did it cost?
andrew5826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2010, 19:10   #3
burningashes
cumpulsive masturbator

Its a model kit, not a functioning airsoft grenade. Although it does simulate a grenade with its spring kit. So when you pull the pins and let go of the lever, the lever flies off.
burningashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 05:54   #4
camman133

Old thread but I'm hoping you reply How did you get this in Canada? I am wlling to pay a lot for one of these.
camman133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 07:33   #5
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by camman133 View Post
Old thread but I'm hoping you reply How did you get this in Canada? I am wlling to pay a lot for one of these.

You know you're not Av'ed, and asking how did one get something in Canada is always an Av'ed Question.

Answer: Get verified, otherwise we won't, and we can't help you due to the rules.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews