Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft and College. Oh god.

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 19th, 2010, 10:36   #1
Love
formerly Lythinca

Location: You know that Home Depot on King st? Yeah, no where near there.
Send a message via AIM to Love Send a message via MSN to Love
Airsoft and College. Oh god.

Hey guys. A simple question here:

What did you guys do with your airsoft when you went to college? (Question applies to people who lived in dorms/residence.)

I'm going to college soon (living in dorm). Some colleges have a paintball teams and such and allow residents to have their paintball guns on campus, but I dont think this would happen with airsoft. (Don't worry, I wont try this. I'm gonna leave my guns at home, as I'll be visiting my home regularly. I just ask this as I am curious.)

Loadout 1:
Yugoslavian M76/Maadi RML Alternative (Kraken)
CYMA Glock 18C

Loadout 2:
TM MP5 w/ flashlight
CYMA Glock 18C

Both Loadouts have Marpat Uniform, PASGT Helmet w/ Flecktarn, and Flecktarn chest rig.
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 10:39   #2
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Most Colleges and University have a strict no weapon policy in their dorm, our AEG/GBB/GBBR look real enough that any misuse or display in public will result in a police call. Leave it at home out of sight in a locked case. to answer tour question find a trusted teamate who is not staying at the dorm store it there or leave it at home, I have in the past stored some AEG in a locked gun case for some players here while they are attending university.

Last edited by wildcard; January 19th, 2010 at 10:42..
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 10:42   #3
Love
formerly Lythinca

That's what I was planning on doing anyway, wildcard. I'm just curious to what people have done while theyre in college.

Looks like, I'll have to stick to the forums and stare at all the beautiful guns.

Loadout 1:
CYMA Glock 18C

Loadout 2:
TM MP5 w/ flashlight
CYMA Glock 18C

Both Loadouts have Marpat Uniform, PASGT Helmet w/ Flecktarn, and Flecktarn chest rig.
Old January 19th, 2010, 10:42   #4
L473ncy

I'll answer this question for you. NO... Simply no.

My campus housing services actually has a whole rule book about living in the dorms and there is a whole section dedicated to this.

We're not allowed "projectile weapons" period. Apparently this also included NERF guns the way it's worded.... The only thing that's excluded from this is Laser tag (since there is no projectile coming out per-se, rather it's a burst of infrared light that is purely only energy and no physical matter being launched).

So I asked my Floor Marshall about "paintball" (I'm part of a "paintball" team, I was wondering if I could keep my "paintball stuff" in my room) and they forwarded it to the housing services and they got back to me and said no (however I could keep my "Paint", and gear in the dorms but no physical gun). SO what I ended up doing was contacting someone in the area and storing the stuff at a his place (great way to meet people if you're new to city by the way). I still have my BDU's and such in the dorms however no airsoft, no paintball, no nerf.
Old January 19th, 2010, 10:45   #5
Love
formerly Lythinca

That's actually a great idea L473ncy. Yet, I don't think I'd wanna take the chance and have my stuff stolen, if I left it someones house in the area.

Loadout 1:
CYMA Glock 18C

Loadout 2:
TM MP5 w/ flashlight
CYMA Glock 18C

Old January 19th, 2010, 10:46   #6
KND
* AV revoked *

wow ! include nerf gun also.

KND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 10:49   #7
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lythinca View Post
That's actually a great idea L473ncy. Yet, I don't think I'd wanna take the chance and have my stuff stolen, if I left it someones house in the area.
Find someone you trust and a standup guy in the community not some beer buddy
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 11:12   #8
Love
formerly Lythinca

Good point.

On the other hand:

I may be buying a Dboys M4 RIS with a JAC M203. Man, thats an oldie. JAC, hasn't been around for ages. I know SP uses their moulds.

Loadout 1:
CYMA Glock 18C

Loadout 2:
TM MP5 w/ flashlight
CYMA Glock 18C

Old January 19th, 2010, 11:52   #9
Bissa

Send a message via MSN to Bissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
I'll answer this question for you. NO... Simply no.

My campus housing services actually has a whole rule book about living in the dorms and there is a whole section dedicated to this.

We're not allowed "projectile weapons" period. Apparently this also included NERF guns the way it's worded.... The only thing that's excluded from this is Laser tag (since there is no projectile coming out per-se, rather it's a burst of infrared light that is purely only energy and no physical matter being launched).

So I asked my Floor Marshall about "paintball" (I'm part of a "paintball" team, I was wondering if I could keep my "paintball stuff" in my room) and they forwarded it to the housing services and they got back to me and said no (however I could keep my "Paint", and gear in the dorms but no physical gun). SO what I ended up doing was contacting someone in the area and storing the stuff at a his place (great way to meet people if you're new to city by the way). I still have my BDU's and such in the dorms however no airsoft, no paintball, no nerf.
what about water guns? technically it is launching a physical object.
Sergeant Gerry Boyle: I don't want to see it. Babies all look the same. The only time a baby doesn't look like every other baby is when it's a really ugly baby. So, unless it's a photo of a really ugly baby, I don't want to see it.
Bissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 12:19   #10
coach
aka coachster

so would I have been considered a "projectile weapon" and not allowed since I threw a lot of water balloons back in the day? lol
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 12:23   #11
GSK88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bissa View Post
what about water guns? technically it is launching a physical object.

What if I projectile vomit? Does that count?

Seriously though, no "projectile" weapons is pretty obvious what that implies...
Old January 19th, 2010, 12:26   #12
bareass

really as long as your not showing it off to everyone, and shooting it through the halls, then its fine.
i'm an RA, we really don't care about the quite guys that play paintball. its the guys that play paintball in the halls that are the issue!
keep in mind word travels quickly in a dorm, so keep it a secret and get in good with the staff!
bareass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 12:32   #13
GSK88

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareass View Post
really as long as your not showing it off to everyone, and shooting it through the halls, then its fine.
i'm an RA, we really don't care about the quite guys that play paintball. its the guys that play paintball in the halls that are the issue!
keep in mind word travels quickly in a dorm, so keep it a secret and get in good with the staff!
I'm sure not all RA's are as lenient as you guys. I know for a fact if I tried to show my sisters old RA at Trent she'd flip and call SWAT.
Old January 19th, 2010, 12:33   #14
Bissa

Send a message via MSN to Bissa
however, are you an RA with his specific school? (I don't actually know what an RA is, so this pay be a pointless thing to say)
Sergeant Gerry Boyle: I don't want to see it. Babies all look the same. The only time a baby doesn't look like every other baby is when it's a really ugly baby. So, unless it's a photo of a really ugly baby, I don't want to see it.
Bissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 14:57   #15
mas_oyama

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareass View Post
well, for a pistol, its not that bad... easily concealable and all... but an AEG... you need to have a fat gun case... I have a hard case, and its obviously not meant to carry my lunch... lol.

unless you have some italian blood. then you can carry it in a guitar case.

Last edited by mas_oyama; January 19th, 2010 at 15:36..
mas_oyama is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank