Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

P90 mags feeding?

:

Accessories Discussion

Old November 11th, 2011, 01:16   #31
IggysPiggy

My echo1 p90 is a highspeed setup (not listing parts or mods) but it runs a 38rps @ 345fps. Now I run two styles of mags first is echo 1 mid caps (and a cpl MAG ones), feed flawlessly (not a single hiccup) as long as you dont hold the trigger down mags will last abit.

I also run an echo1 box mag, it does not feed well, it does feed but its a hit and miss, sometimes its ok sometimes it says too heck with you.

Now before anyone says its the M4 mag I use in the box mag it is not, as I use that same mag for my DSG setup which does over 55 rps, and it feeds that flawlessly as well.

It took abit of tinkering to make it all feed right but it does, so no rps is out of reach.

If anyone wants to sell there MAG brand ones I may be interested.
IggysPiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 08:27   #32
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

If I can't get these working properly I'll probably sell them to someone who doesn't have issues with them.

Yeah lowcaps are amazing... that AABB mag is probably the crappiest brand of mags out there, and both that I bought work perfectly. Only issue is I can only carry 5 mags... for some guys it's enough but I've been playing far more skirmish styled games than I have sim so a bit more ammo is needed. If I had a perfectly reliable highcap, it wouldn't be terrible to stuff it in my jacket stargate style. But as it stands I need the flexibility of midcaps for the type of play I do. After I chrono the gun and find out what I ended up with for RPS, I'll be tuning down the motorspeed to something like 15 where the RS gun is to save ammo lol. the 11.1v lipo is pretty insane... emptied the 150 rounds in the midcap in a godly fashion. That's a little too much plastic being slung. :P

Last edited by lurkingknight; November 11th, 2011 at 08:37..
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 08:45   #33
SniperSam

Send a message via AIM to SniperSam Send a message via MSN to SniperSam Send a message via Skype™ to SniperSam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najohn View Post
Pro arms are like the silverbacks, so they should work.

Must say though, of all the p90 mags i've used, real caps are the only way to go
Fixed for you

Whoa guy with the thumb rings, save some pussy for the rest of us

Welcome to Bed Bath and Beyoncé, if you find anything you like, put a ring on it.

What idiot called them Black Bears instead of African Abearicans
SniperSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 16:19   #34
John Spartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
well 4 of 4 brand new MAGs are feeding like shit for me right now... blank shot and then next is a double feed/fire. Sometimes it will even feed 3 and jam the gun completely.
I had similar issues running the MAG P90 type magazines on my CA P90 Proline.

I switched over to the TM P90 magazines and now all my feeding problems are resolved.
John Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 18:01   #35
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Spartan View Post
I had similar issues running the MAG P90 type magazines on my CA P90 Proline.

I switched over to the TM P90 magazines and now all my feeding problems are resolved.
From what I have seen, the MAG P90 magazines are not very compatible with CA's P90 Hopup units.

Don't know what other company's hop ups work with MAGs however I'm guessing TM is the best bet to use with MAGs.
Old November 13th, 2011, 18:32   #36
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

my p90 is a TM hopup/receiver/body with an E1 gearbox filled with guarder parts... the MAG mags should feed according to people I've talked to, but they're still double feeding atm, even after leaving them full for a few days. Also have a tiny piece missing from the bucking, will have to replace the bucking before proceeding with more tests.

I may have seen a TM mag double feed on the gun 2 times in 1 fill though, I'm not certain, I'll have to test again when the new bucking arrives and count every round in the mag and every trigger pull vs what comes out... A couple people I've asked say it's the mix of E1 gearbox and TM body, but I took measurements and the nozzle sits in the same place in the E1 box as it does in the TM box, I'd try putting all the stuff into the TM box but for some reason the gears bind up during a rotation in the TM gearbox, so sadly I can't test the other shell.

The tappet in the E1 box was still original E1 and I discovered the tappet from the TM shell/parts I had was a guarder, so I put the guarder in, and it is a bit longer than the E1 tappet, and a hell of a lot more firm.

Also seems I have a slight leak in the nozzle to cylinder head. Not quite sure how to fix this aside from a new nozzle.
Old November 14th, 2011, 18:25   #37
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
It may be an issue with the body. If its a bit different. I have access to 3 tm p90s and out of the dozen mag mags we have no issues.

What body are those parts in?
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 20:02   #38
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

It's a marui body. Stamped on the inside of the body just insde the battery cover.
Old November 15th, 2011, 09:53   #39
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
Than I really couldn't tell you. Every tm I've had access to feeds the mag mags I have without an issue
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 10:20   #40
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I'll try again after I replace the nozzle and bucking, previously it fired a blank then double so maybe there was a huge airleak somewhere aside from the notch missing from the bucking. I've also got the mags still loaded, just sitting that I'll empty out later this week. I'll probably rip it apart again this weekend and compare the 2 sector gears I have on the off chance something is wrong with it and it's pulling the tappet back in the wrong timing.

It's a shame I can't try the TM gearbox shell that I have, both gearsets I have bind halfway through a cycle and I can't quite figure out why.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion